PADI Divemaster Course
Mentor and motivate; share your passion for the underwater world with others by taking the first step down the professional pathway by becoming a PADI Divemaster! Broaden your understanding of dive knowledge, supervise PADI courses, guide certified divers and most importantly, dive, a lot!
Ideally spread out over of 6 weeks [can be completed in 2 weeks if undergoing 14 day intensive], our PADI Divemaster course is structured and designed with you in mind. Building first on your individual dive skills by aiding recreational dive courses and refamiliarizing yourself with all skills, equipment and theory of those intro-level courses before progressing onto your own waterskills, dive skill workshops and practical assessments. During this course you will have ample time to shadow our team of Staff Instructors and MSDT’s learning what it takes to be the be the best PADI Divemaster. Don’t worry, it’s not “all work and no play”; you will also have ample time to practice your own dive skills with unlimited fun dives during your Divemaster Training.
To start your PADI Divemaster at The Aquatic Centre:
- Be a certified PADI Rescue Diver [or equivalent].
- At least 18 years old.
- Having a minimum of 40 logged dives.
- Have full set of own equipment: mask and snorkel, exposure suit for appropriate conditions, boots and fins, two surface signalling devices [eg. SMB and whistle], computer or depth gauge/ timing device, compass and dive knife. Please make sure you understand how to use your computer by reading the manual and are competent deploying an SMB from below and on the surface.
- Be in possession of an EFR certification [or equivalent] not older than 24 months
- Have a Medical Statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months stating you are in good physical health to dive.
During your PADI Divemaster Training you will learn:
- The role and characteristics of the PADI Divemaster
- Supervising dive activities and assisting with student divers
- Diver safety and risk management
- Divemaster conducted programs and specialized skills
- Business of diving and your career
- Awareness of the dive environment
- Dive setup and management
- Mapping an open water site
- Conducting dive briefings
- Organizing a search and recovery project and a deep dive
- Conducting a scuba review and skin diver course
- Assisting with Discover Scuba Diving and leading Discover Local Diving programs
Want to do a little more?
Interested in being able to take non-divers for their first breath underwater, become a PADI DSD-Leader! To upgrade from being a PADI Divemaster to a PADI Discover Scuba Diving Leader is a simple transition at The Aquatic Centre. Once you have conducted four separate real PADI DSD programs in confined water [under the direct supervision of a PADI Instructor] and demonstrated your ability to conduct effective briefings and debriefings, alongside safe and efficient in-water supervision of non-certified divers, you are ready to be enrolled as a PADI DSD Leader and significantly boost your employability in the Diving industry!
For international divers visiting us from overseas, we can arrange accommodation during the period of your Divemaster Internship. For more information on our PADI Divemaster Training, DSD-Leader enrolment and for our Course Schedule please contact us.